Friday, January 10, 2014

Gravity

I saw Gravity when it came out. I had read some reviews, and heard that one should see it on as big a screen possible, and in 3-D. So I did! I saw it on an IMAX screen in 3-D down here in Orlando. I remember being impressed by the 3-D and the long takes of director Alfonso Cuaron, as well as the special effects, but not of the story. Sure, its easy to feel the tension during the long takes when everything is going wrong for Sandra Bullock's character, but leaving the theater I didn't feel like I had seen an A+ movie. I don't know how Gravity will play on Blu-Ray. I'm sure some of the tension may be lost because it is not as immersive an experience, I don't know. Is it worth your time on video? Sure, but I know it's coming back to theaters for a little while for Oscar season. If you haven't seen it, go seek it out in a theater before Blu-Ray. It will be worth it.

4 out of 5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment